Division : Legal
Report To : Chief Legal Adviser
- LLB holders with at least a second class degree
- Professionalism: Comprehensive knowledge of an experience in criminal, constitutional and administrative laws; drafting skills in legal documents and legislative instruments; ability to work well under pressure and apply good judgment in decision making; ability to negotiate skillfully
- Communication: Ability to communicate orally and to write skillfully
- Teamwork: Ability to work in a team
- Managing Performance: Ability to establish priorities in the Legal Division
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- To be responsible for the provision of timely research while keeping abreast with the latest development in the legal field
- To be responsible to the Chief Legal Adviser or such other officers of the legal division
- To give administrative and research support to officers of the legal division as may be directed, with a view to promptly disposing cases due for decision
- To conduct and update legal research on core issues raised in the course of court proceedings or investigation as identified by officers of the division.
- To organize factual and legal materials following any research and arrange presentation of the matter in a structured and coherent manner
- To attend court hearings and ensure authenticity of transcripts of cases assigned to him
- To assist in the setting up of a network of electronic legal libraries and undertake research and retrieve such specified information, as may be required
- To assist in the drafting of rules and legal opinions
- To undertake research for the compilation of legislations, jurisprudence and other materials for the purpose of publication and dissemination of the law
- To assist in the preparation of leaflets, pamphlets and other publications on specific laws or legal issues
- To use ICT in the performance of his duties
- To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from the Legal Research Officer in the roles ascribed to him
Does this position interest you? Apply online below.
Guidelines on filling this Form:
- It is advisable to:
(a). Spare at least 30 to 60 minutes to complete the online application.
(b). Make use of an up-to-date web browser (Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome).
(c). Wait at least 4 to 10 seconds after clicking the Submit Application Button at Step 8.
(d). Apply well before the closing date so as to reduce the risk of the application being rejected.
- Your online application will be processed once:
(a). All Steps (8 Steps in Total) of the online application have been completed;
(b). The CAPTCHA verification at Step 8 has been completed;
(c). The Submit Application button has been clicked;
(d). An acknowledgement email has been received at the email address you provided on the online application form.
- The acknowledgement email may occasionally be marked as spam. We recommend that you check your spam emails.
- The latest application submitted before the closing date will be considered as the final application.
- Each post requires a fresh application.
- For queries regarding your application, please contact HR section on 4026661 from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00 OR send an email on [email protected]