DIVISION : Corporate Services
REPORT TO : IT Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields from a recognized institution or an alternative qualification acceptable to the Commission.
- At least five years’ post qualification experience in an enterprise environment.
- Certification in either Microsoft, Cisco or any equivalent certifications.
- High sense of responsibility
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Organizational abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- High sense of priority
- Good critical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- To administer Microsoft or IBM (Lotus Domino) server environments
- To administer routers, switches, firewalls, IPS/IDS, antivirus systems, SANs and backup systems
- To administer virtual environments
- To administer any other systems critical to the organisation’s operations
- To ensure proper operation of the organisation’s IT services whilst achieving agreed levels of availability;
- To install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices for core and/or customer solutions.
- To perform application deployment and release management;
- To troubleshoot and resolve advanced or persistent server based hardware and advanced or persistent software issues impacting the
- To monitor core system performance and implement performance tuning;
- To document server/core operations procedures and problem resolutions for future references;
- To oversee core infrastructure network and server security;
- To implement security measures through appropriate controls on both network and server systems;
- To perform tests and research on new technologies;
- To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from the Systems & Network Security Engineer in the roles ascribed to him.
Note: The Systems & Network Security Engineer should be prepared to work outside normal office hours (on an on-call basis).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
An attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience, to the successful candidate together with gratuity and other benefits.
The deadline for application is 28 July 2021.