DIVISION : Corporate Services
REPORT TO : IT Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields from a recognized institution or an alternative qualification acceptable to the Commission.
- At least five years’ post qualification experience in an enterprise environment.
- Certification in either Microsoft, Cisco or any equivalent certifications.
- High sense of responsibility
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Organizational abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- High sense of priority
- Good critical thinking
- Ability to work under pressure
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- To administer Microsoft or IBM (Lotus Domino) server environments
- To administer routers, switches, firewalls, IPS/IDS, antivirus systems, SANs and backup systems
- To administer virtual environments
- To administer any other systems critical to the organisation’s operations
- To ensure proper operation of the organisation’s IT services whilst achieving agreed levels of availability;
- To install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices for core and/or customer solutions.
- To perform application deployment and release management;
- To troubleshoot and resolve advanced or persistent server based hardware and advanced or persistent software issues impacting the organisation;
- To monitor core system performance and implement performance tuning;
- To document server/core operations procedures and problem resolutions for future references;
- To oversee core infrastructure network and server security;
- To implement security measures through appropriate controls on both network and server systems;
- To perform tests and research on new technologies;
- To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from the Systems & Network Security Engineer in the roles ascribed to him.
Note: The Systems & Network Security Engineer should be prepared to work outside normal office hours (on an on-call basis).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Initially On contract with eventual possibility to convert the appointment on the permanent and pensionable establishment.
- Salary Scale: Rs 43,050 x 1,550 – 64,750 x 1,850 – 72,150
- Payment of gratuity equivalent to 02 months’ salary on completion of 12 months’ satisfactory service
- Refund of unutilized sick leave up to a maximum of 15 days & casual/annual /vacation leave up to a maximum of 15 days at the end of 12 months’ continuous service
- Passage benefits of 5% of annual salary.
The deadline for application is 24 November 2021.